Sunday, January 15, 2012

Sunday, January 15th, 2012

The rest of last week is a blur. Danny finally made it back home on Saturday evening around 7pm. That was after blowing a tire and spending a morning getting that repaired, then dealing with snow in New York.


We had some snow here as well on Thursday. The day started off fairly warm (high 50's low 60's) with lots of rain. Around noon, the temperatures began to drop dramatically. The rain quickly turned to sleet, then snow. By 4pm the grassy areas were covered. We left work at 5pm to a wet parking lot and within the 10 minutes it took me to thaw my windshield, the parking lot was white. Brad turned his vehicle around and come back to get me.

Not only was it snowing hard, but the wind was blowing 20 to 30mph making it very difficult to see. We made it to my house, and Brad and his wife made it home safely. I'm sure I would have been sitting on the side of the road come morning if not for the ride home. I don't do well on snow and ice and appreciate the people who do!

Sunday was spent relaxing with Danny and catching up his laundry from the week. Tomorrow is MLK Day. The kids are out of school, but it's back to work for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment